1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
4 Tablespoons canola oil
2 Teaspoons Fresh Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh chillies, finely chopped
1/2 Cup red lentils
3 Chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 Cup water, hot
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon chicken spice
2 teaspoons mild curry spice
2 cups chopped Swiss chard
2 cups chopped Chinese spinach
1/4 Cup fresh cream
1. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger and lentils. Do not soak the lentils as they do not take long to cook. Sauté for 15 minutes on medium heat. Do not brown the onion.
2. Add the chicken and season with chicken spice, curry spice and salt. Sauté for 20 minutes on medium heat. Stir regularly.
3. Add the green Swiss chard and Chinese spinach. Put the lid on for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the lid, stir and add the cup of water and put the lid back on for 15 minutes.
5. Just as the water is almost completely absorbed, add the cream and put the heat on low.
6. After 15 minutes and the liquid has thickened, you are ready to serve. Leave a bit longer for the liquid to thicken to your liking. Serve with fragrant rice, roasted or steamed vegetables.