1 Cup Soup Mix
1 Cup wheat berries
2 Cups Chopped, peeled, washed white sweet potato
1 teaspoon bherebhere spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon potato spice
2 teaspoons fresh, finely diced turmeric
1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 Cups Boiled water
150ml fresh cream
1. Sauté onion and what berries for 15 minutes on low heat. Add sweet potatoes and turmeric and sauté on low heat for 15 minutes. Do not brown.
2. Add the soup mix and sauté for 15 minutes on medium heat. Put the lid on.
3. Add the bherebhere spice, black pepper and potato spice and salt. Cook with the lid on, on low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add the 1st cup of water, stir and put the lid back on. Once the water is almost soaked up, add another cup of boiled water and garlic flakes.
5. Add a 1/2 cup boiled water after 15 minutes once the water is almost soaked up.
5. This is what you’re aiming for, the sweet Potato and wheat berries are soft and the water is not all dried up.
6. Add the cream to the pot, taste and add more seasoning if you want to. Switch the stove off. Leave the pot on the stove for 10 minutes and serve. Add more cream to your preference. I garnished with fresh coriander and pomegranate.