3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 Medium Onion, finely chopped
1 Cup Peeled, washed, finely diced carrots
2 teaspoons Dried Garlic Flakes
1 Tablespoon Bherebhere Spice
1 1/2 Cup Brown Lentils
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Stock Granules
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
50 g Tomato Paste
4 Cups hot water
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons ground egusi
1 Cup hot water
1. Sauté onion, carrots and garlic flakes on medium heat in the coconut oil for 15 minutes.
2. Add the bherebhere spice and lentils. Sauté for 10 minutes. Then add the vegetable stock granules, cayenne pepper and tomato paste. Stir and sauté for 20 minutes on low heat.
3. Add 4 cups of hot water and the salt, stir and put the lid on. Add the first 2 cups, then another cups after 10 minutes and the 4th cup after 10 minutes.
4. Add the egusi and 1 Cup hot water.
5. Cook for 20 minutes and serve with asparagus, blanched in water and fried in butter and seasoned with salt and pepper.