4 Teaspoons, heaped, Mr Spices Mixed Masala
2 Teaspoons Mr Spices Chicken Spice
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
5 Chicken Breasts
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Red Onion, Sliced
1 Clove medium garlic, minced
4 Tomatoes, puréed
80ml Dry Red Wine (I used Backsberg Merlot)
1/2 Cup Fresh Sweet Basil Leaves
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1. Mix all the spices in a mug and rub onto the chicken breasts. Drizzle the lemon juice and soy sauce and rub into the chicken. Put the chicken in a container and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Put a pan on medium-high heat on the stove and add the oil. Let the boil heat up.
3. Add the chicken breasts and fry each side until golden brown. This should take 3 minutes maximum on each side.
4. Remove the chicken breasts. Reduce the heat to medium-low.And add the red onion and garlic into the pan. Fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomato and cook for 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook for another five minutes. Add the basil and chicken and cook on low heat for 6 minutes with the lid on/until sauce has thickened. You should be ready to serve.