2 Cups Cake Wheat Flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
150g Butter/Margarine, cubed
1 medium egg
2 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon ice cold water
1. Mix salt and flour.
2. Add the butter and rub it in to form coarse bred crumbs.
3. Whisk the egg and add it to the flour.
4. Add the ice cold water.
5. Mix with your hands until you have a soft dough.
6. Form a ball, wrap it in plastic and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Take the dough out of the fridge and place on a lightly floured surface.
8. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin as thin as possible.
9. Roll the dough onto the rolling pin and then unroll this dough onto your quiche pan. The dough should overlap the sides of the pan.
10. Press the dough into the pan, onto the base and sides. Trim the excess dough off.
11. Pour beans/rice into the dough all the way up to the brim. You can use wax paper or foil in the pan before adding the beans/rice for easy lifting when you want to remove the beans/rice.
12. Bake for 30 minutes.
13. Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Remove the rice/beans.
14. Add your filling and bake.
Filling recipes are will be posted separately.