I am tempted to do a smoothie series but for now, this is my journey back to feeling light in my body.
This is the same smoothie as the previous smoothie post with slightly different topics. But first, a few nutritional details about today’s variations:
Red Apples have nutrients such as fiber, potassium, vitamins A, E, B12, B6, C and K. They are also a good source of copper and manganese. You get the best out of them by eating them with their skin on.
Mixed Seeds are a great source of fiber and can help reduce blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
500g Frozen Mixed Berries
200g Oatmeal (uncooked)
250ml Plain Yoghurt
A handful of baby spinach
Honey to taste
Fresh Red Apple chopped into bite sized pieces
Drizzle of Honey
Mixed Berries, Baby Spinach, Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl – The Farming Cook
- Place the berries, oatmeal, spinach and yoghurt in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. If your blender needs water, rather start with about 3 tablespoons of water so the water is at the bottom, then add your fruits, yoghurt, spinach and oats.
- Once your smoothie is all smoothed out, add your honey, blend, taste, add more honey if you need to, blend and taste.
- Serve in your chosen bowls.
- Top with the apple, mixed seeds, cinnamon and moringa.