A quick, light and delicious meal.
This is a quick salad that can be put together 45 minutes before serving. I served it with lightly seasoned pan seared Sweet Potatoes and garlic butter Hake.
Red Cabbage & Sweet Baby Pepper Salad Ingredients:
125g finely sliced red cabbage
110g sweet baby peppers, diced
150g diced cucumber, diced
12 pitted olives sliced
110g sweet corn off the cob, blanched
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
125ml olive oil
65ml white wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix all the salad dressing ingredients and dress lightly dress the salad. Mix and and place the salad in the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Sweet Potato Ingredients:
Whole purple Sweet Potatoes boiled until tender (not too soft, you want the shape to hold when you pan fry them).
Ina Parma’s Vegetable Seasoning
Coconut or olive oil
1. Slice your boiled Sweet Potatoes about 1,5cm thick.
2. Season both sides with Ina Parma’s vegetable seasoning.
3. Put a pan on the stove on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
4. Fry the Sweet Potatoes on both sides until golden brown.
Garlic Butter Hake Ingredients:
Hake fillers, fresh or thawed
2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pat your fillers with a dry dish cloth to absorb excess water.
2. Lightly season with the fish spice on both sides.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and place the pan on medium-high heat.
4. Place fillets in the pan and cook the first side until golden brown – 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of garlic butter per 150g of fish and turn the fish over. Cook the other side for 3 minutes, regularly using a spoon to pour the melted butter over the fish.
Now you can put your meal together.